Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25th Email

Hello! Thank you thank you thank you for the emails. Tell Kraig hi for me!!! I can't believe he is home! And that is so Exciting about The Baptism! Keep finding and finding. So many people need this. Haha Everyone needs it. SO.... I have been called to be a Trainer of a new Missionary. I am really excited about this!!! But kind of scared. Because I still feel young in the Mission to do this, and with the shorter MTC experience The Trainers have a lot more responsibility. President Rasmussen really Emphasized that at the Trainers meeting. It was funny, they said for the first time there was more sisters to be training than Elders because this is the start of all the Missionaries coming in. But it will be a really good Experience, and I will figure out tonight. It's a possibility I might be white washing into an area but most likely not because I am already brand new in this area. I will do my Very Best. The Lord Blessed us and we got four new Investigators this week! And they are really good! This guy named Simon came to church yesterday. We knocked on his door, and yeah just started teaching him. He has a sweet beard, and I am slightly jealous... But Seriously, he is someone who has been looking for Truth, and feels very confused. And I could almost literally see worries in his life melt away as we were at church. And we found this Muslim family, Then there is this Lovely older Woman from Zimbabwe, who is so nice. She came as a referral from another ward in Birmingham. This city is very Interesting. It just has like every sort person and culture you could think of. And I mean it haha. The ward is really small, but really Amazing. Listen to this, The Bishop is German and his job takes him to Israel all the time. That's two Bishops that I ahve served with that have had jobs that take them there! So I was asking him loads of questions about it yesterday:-) And he acts like brad, and sounds like him so it is way cool. THEN a member in The Bishopric is Italian! (From Northern Italy though) And do you want to know where he served his Mission?!!!?? The Boston Massachusets Mission from 1998 to 2000. So yesterday when we were at the Bishops for dinner it was crazy becasue he had a friend from portugal over. And so they were all speaking all these languages haha. It was really cool to see though. That's pretty crazy about the snow! It has been really cold here but surprisingly not too much snow or even rain! Thanks for sharing what is going on back home. I Love hearing about you guys. Especially the Pre school stories:-) I wish you guys could see President Rasmussen in action. He said so many things that really touched me at the trainers meeting. He expressed that him and Sister Rasmussen want more than anything for their Missionaries to come unto Christ themselves. And that is what we should want as Trainers. He told us that when he was little his dad would say to him "Craig, you have two ears, and one mouth, act accordingly" Something I have learned a lot is how Important it is to actually listen to people, and actually think about them. Before in my life I had a strong Testimony, but it wasn't enough I don't think. Over the last few months of my life I have been more, and more Converted to Jesus Christ. I understand slightly more why President Houtz and others Love referring to Him as The Master. The things Preach My Gospel, and The Scriptures teach are True. Because I have felt The Atonement in my life I want nothing more than other people to feel this sweet, sweet Peace. And see The Perspective that The Gospel Brings. We don't even understand The Happiness that will come from Honorably returning Home. I Love you guys. I Love being Missionary. I want to invite you guys to do what Grandpa always says. Write in your Journals. I know that when you will do it you will see The Hand of God and where it has guided you. Then you will know how to ACT when a similiar Experience comes a long. I have seen these Blessings, and there have been moments where I know I have been on The Lords Errand. I will ever be Grateful for those Oppurtunities. I need them. Thanks for being The Best. It is always said, but I wouldn''t be here if It wasn't for the lessons you taught me. Those memories have been a training ground for me, and Holy ground too. All My Love, Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment